[web-annotation] Should the namespace change?

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 20:32:24 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
azaroth42 has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation:

== Should the namespace change? ==
>From #46, there is the question of whether the namespace should change
 for the model.

Note that this is only a concern from the RDF perspective, not the
preferred JSON serialization which won't have even a prefix, let alone
 the complete namespace (per #12).

>From the telco on 2015-07-08, some of the discussion included:
* There's a lot of use of the namespace
* Changing namespaces is generally a bad idea
* Backwards compatibility without changing the namespace is important
* The CG spec is explicitly a draft, so we need not feel too
constrained by changing the definitions in a non-backwards-compatible
way
* It demonstrates continuity and inclusion, rather than division and
competition, hopefully avoiding splitting the community of practice
* It has the oa acronym ... which would be confusing without the
history

The decision on the call was to defer the decision until later.

See https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/53