Re: [web-annotation] Should the namespace change?

With regards to Doug's question about schema.org, IIRC it was floated
that
we swap out various properties and entities reused from Dublin Core
for
equivalent properties and entities that appear in schema.org. It's
been
quite a number of months since it came up and I don't recall if we
ever had
a consensus on whether or not that was a good idea.

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Rob Sanderson
<notifications@github.com>

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_web-2Dannotation_issues_46&d=AwMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=9cnfJVPx-qxWO38PSSORSfl1nwIZxfJmQTkblpHV71o&s=uw9qI0fDjwrCpWlMhCWgij_hhvqBxaMmheZaoWbCrAY&e=>,

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_web-2Dannotation_issues_12&d=AwMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=9cnfJVPx-qxWO38PSSORSfl1nwIZxfJmQTkblpHV71o&s=9WBg5dShOKybIT2kbb3gJVgIgxDPGC8TQ6ctVPdtwrE&e=>).

> From the telco on 2015-07-08, some of the discussion included:
>
>    - There's a lot of use of the namespace
>    - Changing namespaces is generally a bad idea
>    - Backwards compatibility without changing the namespace is
important
>    - The CG spec is explicitly a draft, so we need not feel too
>    constrained by changing the definitions in a
non-backwards-compatible way

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_w3c_web-2Dannotation_issues_53&d=AwMCaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=npggDwlZ6PziBzPBZthSo0f8iGOgRMf9ulO6o4WwfiA&m=9cnfJVPx-qxWO38PSSORSfl1nwIZxfJmQTkblpHV71o&s=lhsme9Hg0YqqNTQBnaKsUkRIyaecF7C3HX5j-OUyiVA&e=>

--
GitHub Notif of comment by jjett
See