Re: [web-annotation] avoid constraining HTTP

I'm not sure I'm following how using a sub-set of HTTP equates to non-HTTP
rules. Won't it be the case that servers running clients specifically
fishing for annotation servers will have an easier time communicating with
them whereas other servers will be simply be quite oblivious? I.e., the
annotation server will simply look like another HTTP (or LDP as the case
may be) server. Is that not the case? It isn't like we're making a superset
of HTTP and some new-fangled server protocol.

Jacob Jett
Research Assistant
Center for Informatics Research in Science and Scholarship
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
501 E. Daniel Street, MC-493, Champaign, IL 61820-6211 USA
(217) 244-2164
jjett2@illinois.edu