From: Robert Sanderson [mailto:azaroth42@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 12:58 AM
To: Kanai, Takeshi
Cc: Web Annotation
Subject: Re: Basic Roles Proposal

Hi Takeshi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:53 AM, Kanai, Takeshi <Takeshi.Kanai@jp.sony.com<mailto:Takeshi.Kanai@jp.sony.com>> wrote:
 3.1.8 Literal Bodies Cannot Have Roles
Can I think “language” in this description points to dc:language which is delivered from @context, and it is still possible to set @language to body?
I would like to make sure whether the simple literal body prohibits even having native properties in each serialization format, such as @language in JSON-LD and “LANGTAG” (@en, for example) in Turtle, or not.

In JSON-LD it is technically possible to use @language with a literal.  In RDF, this translates to "some string"@en.  Also @type to set the format:  "<span>some string</span>"^^rdf:HTML

The issue is that it's not possible to do both at once and have both a language and a format associated with a literal.  Thus, to avoid the inevitable mistakes between @language and dc:language, @value and rdf:value, the decision was to only allow literals that were plain text strings and did not have a language associated with them.

The role proposal doesn't change that either way (it wasn't possible before and still isn't), but no it's not possible to set @language on a literal body.  This is not explicit in the current model documentation, and should be.

 3.1.7 Multiple Targets with Roles Example
I think this is an editorial issue. I can see ”lit” prefixes in the examples, but what it stands for is not described. Will it be fixed?

I can fix that :)

I'll add some descriptive text before the examples, and a second context that defines the lit prefix.

Many thanks Takeshi!