Re: generic parsers

Here are the points I'd add to this exchange:

 1. Presentation/styling is not part of the StratML standard itself.
    The focus of the standard is the /substance/ and /structure/ of the
    content of strategic and performance plans and reports.  It is up to
    tool, app, and service developers to leverage the semantics and
    structure of the schema to enable discovery and presentation in ways
    most useful to their stakeholders.
 2. The <PerformanceIndictor> elements of the StratML schema /enable/
    the capture and presentation of the kind of performance progress
    data you reference in your message.  While beauty is in the eye of
    the beholder, Chris has demonstrated the basic capability to present
    such quantitative performance indicator data in his app.  I look
    forward to seeing how it presents longer time-series of such data.
    It will also be interesting to see how /qualitative/ performance
    indicators can most usefully be presented, e.g., by red, yellow,
    green markings.
 3. The instruction on how to enhance query parsing at
    https://www.searchtechnologies.com/search-query-parsing is aimed at
    improving full-text query capabilities, which by definition do /not/
    take advantage of the structure and semantics of schemas, like the
    StratML schemas. Eventually, query services that do so will enable
    not merely discovery of entire documents in which queried terms
    appear but more explicit reference (direct links) to the elements in
    which those terms occur, like this
    <https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/part2/AIKRCGforComment.xml#_5d94e454-83e9-11e8-8f10-5ac7e53a5ccc>.
 4. I defer to Carl to share the details for our next televideo
    conference on Tuesday, May 12, when we will continue fleshing our
    our draft plan
    <https://www.stratnavapp.com/StratML/Part1/413d648b-bd36-418d-af74-e15b0cd8281d/Styled>
    in Chris' StratNavApp.

Owen