StratML Query Services

Paola, Google does index StratML files and my site-specific query
feature does work, at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#Google
However, it does not meet the requirements outlined at
https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/SMLTASwStyle.xml#_15446932-208f-11e6-a80e-7333871eb3c
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/SMLTASwStyle.xml#_15446932-208f-11e6-a80e-7333871eb3cb>

Google's business model is based upon immature records practices:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document They rely upon
the inefficiency and ineffectiveness of records management practices of
others.  If the Web were populated with valid XML documents conforming
to XSDs specified by international standards development organization,
myriad intermediaries could index them for the benefit of their
specialized stakeholders. Hopefully, such services will emerge for
StratML documents and show the way for other types of records.  When
they do, Google's business model will be disrupted and the benefits will
be more widely distributed.  The same is true of the advertising and
marketing paradigm more broadly speaking.  Consumers will no longer
tolerate being tracked and inundated with ads they do not care to see.
Instead, they will come to expect to see and attend to only that which
is immediately required to achieve their own, personal and
organizational objectives.  AI can be applied to accelerate progress
toward that end, by tracking and analyzing the value chains associated
with the realization of human objectives. The existing schema for
StratML Part 2 is sufficient to support such progress.

Yes, StratML does include <Description> elements comprised of
unstructured text, and over time, as the type of information contained
in those elements is understood, it may be appropriate to extend the
StratML schema to more explicitly address those concepts/topics.
Fostering such understanding would also be a good application for AI.
However, in the near-term, that misses the key point -- which is to take
advantage of the semantics and structure of the elements that already
ARE explicitly specified, i.e., the <Name>s of <Goal>s, <Objective>s,
<Value>s, and <Stakeholder>s as well as <PerformanceIndicator>s of the
quantitative type.

Regarding your second point, in StratML Part 2, the value chain is
comprised of <PerformanceIndictor>s of these stage types
<https://stratml.us/references/oxygen/PerformancePlanOrReport20160216_xsd.htm#ValueChainStageType>:
Inputs --> Input_Processing --> Outputs --> Output_Processing -->
Outcomes.  <StartDate>s and <EndDate>s can be associated with each
<PerformanceIndicator>.  So, yes, as you've noted, Chris Fox's
StratNavApp probably can leverage that data to remind users of deadlines
associated with objectives for which they have been designated as
Stakeholders of the performer type.  The best way to find out is to try
it out.

BTW, it is also important to note that XML helps bridge the gap between
documents, data, and metadata.  Elements that have been discretely
specified in XSDs can be treated as both data and metadata.  All that is
required is for indexing/query services to take advantage of that
potential.  MarkLogic's StratML query service prototype did:
https://stratml.us/references/MarkLogicStratMLQueryPrototype.htm
Unfortunately, Ximdex's does not:
http://space.ximdex.net/stratml-portal/ Instead, with exception of the
Submitter's last name, which is hardly important, they ignore the
structure and semantics of the schema itself and came up with their own
inconsistently applied "ontology" comprised of Country, Geopolitical
Scope, and Organization Type.  While those aspects may be of interest to
some users, they are not part of the StratML core.  Andre Cusson's
static hyperlinked indices of goals, objectives, stakeholders, and
values point in the right direction: https://stratml.us/#Cusson What's
needed is to provide such capabilities that are dynamic and faceted.

Incidentally, since the GUIDs in StratML files are plain alphanumeric
text, the Web search engines can index them if they choose.  For
example, this Google query
<https://www.google.com/search?q=_ba25b042-92e3-4875-a5d5-389a1f54c910&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS868US868&oq=_ba25b042-92e3-4875-a5d5-389a1f54c910&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>
discovers the W3C via its StratML GUID on Andre's site.  However, it
ignores the original source on the stratml.us site:
https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/W3CM.xml Nor does is index the StratML
GUID for the AIKR CG, which can be seen in the plain XML text file at
https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCG.xml and is also present in the
styled version at https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCGwStyle.xml

The GUIDs enable explicit referencing, like this link
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCGwStyle.xml#_63f01de6-83e9-11e8-9a9a-23c8e53a5ccc>,
which points directly to AIKR CG Goal 3: Vocabulary - Define a natural
language vocabulary to represent various aspects of AI.  The next
generation of query services should take advantage of such
capabilities.  In the meantime, it will be interesting to see if our
group is capable of specifying such a vocabulary for AI in terms of a
model performance plan(s) in StratML Part 2 format, e.g., by using
Chris' StratNavApp.

Interestingly, I just discovered that Bing does index the AIKR CG's
GUID.  Check out this query
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=_5d94df72-83e9-11e8-8f10-5ac7e53a5ccc&FORM=EDGNDT&PC=HCTS&refig=476e0e06fd2c4e1cbfb9be6e0e87c95a>.
Perhaps MS may have been listening to my entreaties for them to steal a
march on Google by taking advantage of the semantics and structure of
valid XML documents.  It's only a matter of time before someone does.

Owen