Re: Your digital copy of AI Magazine/kr at Darpa

I am happy to read:

> Knowledge representation technology has, in fact, become critical to many
> products in diverse industry settings today by enabling the building of
> symbolic KBs that provide structured descriptions of objects of interest
> and connections between them to multiple applications. For example, the
> search engines of Google and Microsoft are supported by knowledge graphs
> that enable their response to user queries about entities to include an
> array of facts about the entities. Commercial knowledge graphs are massive
> in size (for example, Google’s knowledge graph currently has over 1 billion
> entities and 70 billion facts) and make use of ontologies, strongly typed
> entities, relations with domain and range inference, and so forth,
> developed by the KR&R research community (Noy et al. 2019).

People always fallback to FAANG. I think KR&R can be useful in more
situations than search engines. For example education, legal tech or
e-governance.

The article is mostly focused on DARPA. In particular, regarding semantic
networks, not mentioning the work on multinet [0] is a mistake.

NB: I sent a copy of the article to Poala.

[0] http://pi7.fernuni-hagen.de/publications/multinet.html

--
Amirouche ~ https://hyper.dev