Re: ai strategist role

All;
I come from a very object oriented world.
I order a pizza from amazon I don't know nor do I care about their methods. I do care that they subscribe to some standard of quality and sanitary oversight. but their inner methods are unknown to me.

So too for AI. the AI strategist is consulted because the business world has needs for a solution that might be best solved by AI. (EG some business entity said "we need facial recognition of tabby cats" could AI do that?)

Once that consultation leads to a contract. the AI PRODUCT is designed using the pillers of "requirements"(think), "prototyping"(act), "testing"(check), and "acceptance"(do) in whatever method that AI production team is comfortable with.
I would add another 3 pillers from ISO 9000: "Document"(explain it), "Audit"(record your changes), "Review"(continuous improvement)

The KPI's for an AI product should be unique to AI with some large overlap with those of software systems.

the "Knowledge" {imho} comes from the interaction with those element from the Zachman paradigm.  see
https://www.visual-paradigm.com/guide/enterprise-architecture/what-is-zachman-framework/ <https://www.visual-paradigm.com/guide/enterprise-architecture/what-is-zachman-framework/>

as does the usefulness, ethics and lawfulness.

thoughts?

Paul Alagna

— this is the fun part

> On Jun 10, 2020, at 9:24 AM, Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Chris, like you, I'm unclear on the difference between an AI Strategist and and AI KR Strategist.  I don't know what the latter is.
>
> However, if there is a valid distinction between the two, it should be clarified in the roles specified for each of them -- in model performance plans.  Hopefully, we can come to clearer agreement on that during our next meeting, if not via edits to the draft performance plan in the meantime.
>
> Owen
>
> On 6/10/2020 6:52 AM, Chris Fox wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 at 10:59, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com <mailto:paoladimaio10@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 4:12 PM Chris Fox <chris@chriscfox.com <mailto:chris@chriscfox.com>> wrote:
>> I agree that we should stick to Goals and Objectives.
>>
>> so would the goals for th ai strategy be......... what isare the goal/s of the strategy?
>>
>> Not "the goals of the strategy" but rather "the goals of an AI strategist".
>>
>> On a related note, we've previously talked around in circles about "AI strategist" or "AI KR strategist". I understand the former and think that's is what we are talking about. I am not sure I understand the latter.
>>

>> If you get into system development life cycles you will open up the debate between various types of waterfall and agile methodologies. That is a whole different can of worms and not necessary for our purposes.
>>
>> so should we set aside the whole requirements and focus on what are the goals of the
>> ai strategy/ist which are not already covered by  ai systems development
>> and maybe define how the ai strategy interfaces with the requirements/specification which is what the sys dev plan would be
>> for
>>
>> I think we should focus on the specific goals of an AI Strategist. Ideally, they should not overlap with those of an AI systems developer. If they do, then I suspect we have failed to achieve separation of responsibilities. That does not mean that one person cannot fulfil both roles. But the roles should still remain separate.
>>
>> --
>> Chris Fox
>> Chris C Fox Consulting Limited
>>  chris@chriscfox.com <mailto:chris@chriscfox.com>
>>  +44 77 860 21712 <>
>>  <http://www.chriscfox.com/>    <https://calendar.x.ai/chriscfox>    <http://www.linkedin.com/in/chriscfox>    <http://www.twitter.com/chriscfox>    <http://www.facebook.com/pages/StrategicCoffee/102920468071>    <https://join.skype.com/invite/oxuJFtEDlgQw>
>> Have you tried https://www.StratNavApp.com <https://www.stratnavapp.com/>, the online collaborative tool for strategy development and execution?
>>
>> Chris C Fox Consulting Limited is registered in England and Wales as a Private Limited Company: Company Number 6939359. Registered Office: Unit 4 Vista Place, Coy Pond Business Park, Ingworth Road, Poole BH12 1JY

Thanks
PAUL ALAGNA
PJAlagna@Gmail.com <mailto:PJAlagna@gmail.com>
732-322-5641