Re: ai strategist role

Chris
thanks -  I reply on the list as this is relevant for the whole group

I started this group with the focus on AIKR because I come from a kbs
(knowledge based systems) background
where symbolic AI systems development is heavily driven by knowledge
modelling/engineering/representation
After some years doing other work and going back to work in colleges where
they teach AI I became petrified when I saw scores of students
learning ML (machine learning) without even knowing of KR, ro using KR
without qualification, possibly incorrectly,
thus failing the purpose of KR . or only understanding the bit of KR that
relates the particular technique being taught rather than
the whole field of KR with all its facets

The current  AI risks are attributable to poor KR, imho

The main argument in defense of the state of things is that M learning is
largely non symbolic, therefore being
KR mostly related to symbolic AI, KR  as we know it is not so relevant to ML

But neurosymbolic KR/AI is overlooked and not taught, this is something I
am working on
(to fill the gaps in educational curricula)

I also saw some horrific things being done in ML that could be resolved if
KR was properlty carried out

The AI KR strategy is how to use KR to reduce the known risks associated
with ML (lack of reliability/auditability/transparency of algorithms etc)

the AI  strategy/ist  role plan is therefore a bit outside the original
scope of work here (a bit too generalised)
but if it matters to you guys, I have no objection

maybe we should work in parallel on the AI KR strategist plan as well,
which is more focussed

does it make sense? any more questions?

pdm