Re: Paper and talk in 2020, Arlington

Since my July 1999 paper on KM is difficult to read in the original
HTML, I have now published it in PDF at http://ambur.net/6thGenKM.pdf

The 33rd end note is somewhat ironic.  It says:

    Balla concludes: With every release of Microsoft Office, Windows NT
    and Exchange, Microsoft is moving closer and closer to providing a
    platform that organizations can use as an infrastructure for their
    KM initiative. Microsoft has even announced a major focus on KM for
    its upcoming product versions... thanks to Microsoft's marketing
    muscle, the KM industry will become legitimized overnight.

It has been a fairly long night and it seems doubtful even now that MS
Project Cortex can be taken as more than merely a new beginning, in a
proprietary environment.

On page 12, I quoted Savage as suggesting,  "... teams should be
responsible for defining their goals, purpose, and mission - together
with their project plan - in a shareable database."  For public
objectives, I now believe that "database" should be the Internet.  See
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-only-had-brain-evolving-prefrontal-core-text-internet-owen-ambur/,
whose title has an amazingly coincidental parallel to MS's new project.

Owen