Re: Compression dictionary draft ID - draft-meenan-httpbis-compression-dictionary-00

On Wed, Jul 05, 2023 at 01:58:18PM -0400, Patrick Meenan wrote:
> Thanks.  I cleaned up the formatting so it should be much easier to read
> now. I also:
>
> - Added the "Vary" header on compressed responses which I had missed on my
> original submission.
> - Simplified the wildcard matching algorithm to make it a single-pass
> substring match against the request URL instead of truncating the URL after
> each match.
> - Cleaned up the IANA considerations section (switched to tables) and added
> the headers.

Quick comments about -03:

- Sec-Available-Dictionary is documented as sf-string, but the example
  looks like sf-token. I don't think sf-token is enough, what would
  happen if first byte is in range 00-9F (would cause first character
  to be digit, which I do not think is legal in sf-token)?

- Why allow illegal (violates section 6.3.1.) match patterns, as opposed
  to making those impossible to encode? I would understand if that would
  be a difficult task, but it does not seem to be so.

- And might be good idea to have at least one example of how relative
  match paths behave. Or how matches behave in presence of queries.

-Ilari