Re: Consensus call to include Display Strings in draft-ietf-httpbis-sfbis

--------
Ilari Liusvaara writes:

> 2) I think it should be specified that any direction change characters
> MUST NOT affect any text surrounding the displayed string. At least
> getting this wrong causes at most some screwed up text rendering.

There is no way to make UniCode safe, because it is anyones guess what
UniCode decides to add later.

I dont think it makes any sense for us to wade into that sump,
beyond a sternly written "Security Considerations" which says
that UniCode is by definition unsafe.

Avoiding any and all hazards related to that /at the HTTP level/, is
why I still think we should base64 encode them, instead of the mutant
percent-with-the-random-backslash-thrown-in currently proposed.