Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-message-signatures-17.txt

This draft incorporates changes from discussions at and following IETF116.

Most of the changes are around examples from signing signatures (and specifically, why it’s a bad idea to do that).

There are also more precise directions for dealing with encodings in field values, which shouldn’t change any of the vast majority of current code or affect most users of the spec.

One normative change is made to a less-used function, the @query-parameter derived component now uses percent encoding to normalize values and ensure the output is both ASCII and doesn’t include illegal characters like newlines. The authors believe that this change is not significant enough to warrant another round of WGLC.

 — Justin