Re: New Version Notification for draft-cdn-control-header-00.txt

Thanks for working on this! Two comments:

1) Since this header is already using structured headers, could we use a
"for=" parameter instead of the suggested vendor-specific header names? i.e.

  VENDOR1-CDN-Cache-Control: max-age=61
  VENDOR2-CDN-Cache-Control: max-age=62

would become:

  CDN-Cache-Control: for=vendor1; max-age=61, for=vendor2; max-age=62

This would better match the style of Cache-Status and Proxy-Status headers,
IMHO.

2) From the protocol point of view, CDNs are no different than any other
intermediaries, so we should be providing a generic solution that works in
modern cloud deployments with many layers of intermediaries, and not
another special CDN-header. If we define common roles for all the peers,
then we could have something like:

  Cache-Control2: for=reverse_proxy; max-age=5, for=cdn; max-age=60,
for=user_agent; no-store

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora