Re: Client-Cert Header draft

On 21/04/2020 23:17, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Having read the draft, one thing I would suggest is that the ability
> exists for the contents of the Client-Cert header to be signed, so that
> anyone who cares can verify that the header came from where it said it
> came from ... (I wouldn’t make this a MUST requirement, but maybe  > RECOMMENDED perhaps).

+1 for it not being a MUST as I think that signing the header should
only be RECOMMENDED or SHOULD be present when the TRRP to Origin
connection is NOT using TLS itself. Perhaps this could be offered as a
separate header itself. The draft appears to focus around no TLS being
used from TRRP to Origin, I have uses cases where it exists - such as a
publicly trusted CA used on the TRRP's server certificate, but an
internal CA used to the Origin.

- J