Re: New I-D: The Transport-Info HTTP Header-01

Hi folks,

If you’d not had a chance to read the draft - It’s a new proposed header to convey metrics about the transport layer which may be used by a receiver. This is already happening using arbitrary headers so it would be good to standardise this practice so we can encourage compliance with an agreed set of approaches.

This is our latest version with a couple minor tweaks since the 01 draft release:
https://bbc.github.io/draft-ohanlon-transport-info-header/draft-ohanlon-transport-info-header.html

Here’s the list of updates to the latest version:

- Added new Privacy Considerations section and updated security section (issue #5)
- Updated motivation and added use-cases section. (Issue #10)
- Updated text to describe both server and client use, and their implications. (Issue #4)
- Added text regarding the use of HTTP CONNECT. (Issue #1)
- Changed from UNIX Epoch to RFC3339 time format. (Issue #3)
- Added text to address CORS usage. (Issue #9)

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Piers and James