Re: 425 (Too Early)

HTCPCP was a joke protocol to point out all of the bad ways that people try to reuse HTTP, so there's a certain amount of irony here. I don't think a couple of deployments of a joke is enough to justify consuming a code point in such a constrained name space.

IIRC we discussed this as part of BIS and explicitly decided not to reserve 418.

Now, we could make an argument to skip over it now and use it when we've exhausted other 4NN code points, but personally my inclination is to do it now; if we don't want it to ossify, the earlier the better.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/