Re: 2017-03-06- UTC, TImeZone, DayLight Saving Shifts, Enconding

>>> I  was not talking about a workday ..., I was talking about the general problem
>>> the last day of the year ends at 11:59 pm and not 12:00 am - as this is the time the next day starts;
>> Why is that a problem?
> because the software behaviour is this invalid ...

Application software bugs not related to networking are outside the scope of an RFC.

>>> as the day has only 24 hours = 1440 minutes = 86400 seconds
>> That depends on how you define seconds
> wrong, there is only one definition for second,

Please see the draft, which explains how different time scales use different definitions. None of them include both the SI definition below and the definition of a day you provide above, though.

> and that is
>
> in German:  "Die Sekunde ist das 9 192 631 770fache der Periodendauer der dem Übergang zwischen den beiden Hyperfeinstrukturniveaus des Grundzustandes von Atomen des Nuklids Cäsium-133 entsprechenden Strahlung;"
> in English: "Thesecondis9192631770 timestheperiodsof theradiationcorrespondingto thetransitionbetweenthetwohyperfine levelsof theground stateofatomsof thenuclideof Cs-133;"
>> and whether a leap second is involved, but generally, yes.
>> When you count 0..59 there are 60 items for both minutes and seconds. Counting 12,1,2...9,10,11 yields 12.
>>
>> You haven't shown a problem yet.
> not as image, I showed in words ... "the calendar of Microsoft Outlook and look for the beginning and ending of a celebration day ..."
>
> look at this image:
> https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/LkqU6dJCk.png
> there you see the end of the "appointment" is the beginning of the next day which is invalid ...

That is correct if you interpret 'end' as the time when something ceases, not the last instant inside the interval.

But this is far out of scope for the ietf.

Joe