Re: Fwd: Call for Adoption: draft-song-dns-wireformat-http

--------
In message <CAOdDvNqX438A48aWf8x=oV1qwKKtXzX5ZhZo7gD_MVKc7K6OFA@mail.gmail.com>, Patrick McManus writes:

>of course, IP-over-DNS is a typical desperate tunnel of last result to run
>https.. combined with dns over h2 that could give you
>h2-over-tls-over-tcp-over-ip-over-dns-over-h2-over-tls-over-tcp-over-ip.
>I'm sure that would be totally fine from a congestion and flow control pov :(

It would be *so* much more productive to try to tackle these problems
as the political human-rights issues they are, than stacking boxed higher
and higher trying to cross over the walls people erect.

The one sure result from tunnelling more and more through HTTPS is that
HTTPS will be MiTM'd and blocked more and more.