Re: Fwd: Call for Adoption: draft-song-dns-wireformat-http

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> should really try to get my IP-over-HTTP draft adopted.
>
> (Yes: That was my way of saying:  What a horrible idea!)

weirdly, with h2 push the mapping is pretty straight forward. Still a bad
idea as you say ;)

of course, IP-over-DNS is a typical desperate tunnel of last result to run
https.. combined with dns over h2 that could give you
h2-over-tls-over-tcp-over-ip-over-dns-over-h2-over-tls-over-tcp-over-ip.
I'm sure that would be totally fine from a congestion and flow control pov
:(

Mostly, I jest. Like many others I would like to see some standardized
support for DNS transported in HTTP. There are a lot of different use cases
that have already been discussed in this thread, but one that has come up
in the past and is so far missing would be priming the local HTTP agent for
anticipated cross origin resolutions (obviously with appropriate
certificates attached). I'll send a different email.