MICE: specify record size inline, not in separate header

From: Manger, James <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:43:51 +1000
To: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Merkle Integrity Content Encoding (draft-thomson-http-mice) is a nice idea.
Specifying the record size in a separate "MI" HTTP header feels like a poor design: Content-Encoding indicates the encoding, but its critical parameter is in a separate header.
How about just putting the record size at the start of the content, eg a 4-byte prefix holding the record size in bytes as a big-endian unsigned int?

The 2nd example from the spec would become:

<00 00 00 10>When I grow up, <OElbplJlPK-Rv6JNK6p5_515IaoPoZo-2elWL7OQ60A>I want to be a w<iPMpmgExHPrbEX3_RvwP4d16fWlK4l--p75PUu_KyN0>atermelon

--
James Manger