Re: MICE: specify record size inline, not in separate header

On 9 May 2016 at 13:43, Manger, James <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com> wrote:
> How about just putting the record size at the start of the content, eg a
> 4-byte prefix holding the record size in bytes as a big-endian unsigned int?

I chose the header because you pretty much need one anyway to carry
the proof.  Including the size in the body is more space-efficient,
but it makes the processing less regular because you have to read off
4 octets before proceeding to call fragment(body, rs+32).

I'm not convinced that there's a clear win either way.