Re: Post before acking settings?

On 9 May 2016 at 00:55, Jesse Wilson <jesse@swank.ca> wrote:
> Recover immediately on the same connection. (Seems like the definition of
> insanity?)

This is not necessarily the case.  Often, as is with the nginx case,
REFUSED_STREAM is highly transitory.  All that it takes is a round
trip, after which you have their settings updated and you know not to
violate their [maximum concurrent streams, flow control window,
etc...].  I would try on the same connection at least once.

Making new connections runs counter to the spirit of h2.  We want a
single connection that is good for everything.  I would retry exactly
once and then consider the request a lost cause.