Re: HTTP/2 Upgrade with content?

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 09:21:57 +1100
To: Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
Cc: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>, "Jason T. Greene" <jason.greene@redhat.com>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 14 March 2015 at 01:21, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:

> - maybe a mixed 1.1 up and h2c down request could be made to work, but
> there seems no gain for anyone in creating this mythical beast.

Stefan,

it would not be impossible to implement this - except I see there is no way
around the risk of deadlock if up is streamed or the DoS issue if up is
held in memory.

So rather than encourage a false belief that such a mechanism might work
for arbitrary content, I think it is better for servers to ignore all
upgrades with any content.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*