Re: http2 opportunistic security negotiation

I guess what I meant, but didn't say, was I don't understand your assertion
that this needs to be handled at the TLS layer.

This is afterall a typo in the uri - and that's always a problem for
routing :)

There are lots of existing pure h1 sites that have working
http://example.com and an https://example.com that gives a cert warning and
then a broken website if you proceed. We can certainly do better than a
broken website using http level response codes 3xx or 4xx, and if the
possibility of a typo leading to a cert dialog is so painful I would
suggest a valid cert might be the right option for such a org.. the usual
reasons around why-not-https (3rd party content, referrer) really don't
apply strongly to responding to this particular transaction.

crazy?