Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-auth-info

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 01:36:26 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
* Mark Nottingham wrote:
>Julian believes (with his editor hat on) that this is ready. As
>discussed, this is a simple document to pull the Authentication-Info and
>Proxy-Authentication-Info header fields out of 2617, so that they’re not
>associated with a particular authentication scheme (thereby avoiding
>lots of scheme-specific headers).
>
>Therefore, this is the announcement of WGLC for:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-auth-info-02
>
>Please review the document carefully, and comment on this list.

This revision does not address my previous comments. It basically just
contains the idea that the `Authentication-Info` header could possibly
be used for other purposes than what it has already been defined for.
Without further information it is an entirely redundant level of indi-
rection for hypothetical future specifications and should not be pub-
lished.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/