RE: Frame size errors

Looks fine to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:32 AM
To: HTTP Working Group
Subject: Frame size errors

I've prepared a pull request that tightens the restrictions on frame sizes.

https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/pull/616

Brad Fitzpatrick raised issue #611 with identifying when a FRAME_SIZE_ERROR is appropriate.  I plan to answer the question by placing hard limits on frame size, requiring a FRAME_SIZE_ERROR in all cases where the frame size is undefined.  This should close the issue regarding what fields are open to (unnegotiated) extension.

Any objections to this change?  It's marked editorial in the tracker, but we're at a stage now that I think that substantive changes even as minor as this need to be raised here.  I'll hold this for a while and pull this in unless I hear screams.