Re: h2 priority

--------
In message <CAH_hAJHTe7NMKQLhwpUYLv1J3_M2w4FFtaN3gR4tAjJbPVauYg@mail.gmail.com>
, Cory Benfield writes:
>On 1 September 2014 01:53, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:

>I think that if we make any of the (relatively substantial) changes
>Roy is suggesting we'll want to go back and look really hard at the
>division between the framing layer and the semantic layer.

Yes please!

>In principle HTTP/2 *could* be pushed out the door right now and the
>world would not end.

... nor would it become a dramatically better place, or for that
matter, a worse place if HTTP/2 only happened in one or two years
time.

>However, the WG should decide what it means to do this correctly. We
>either slow HTTP/2 down to refine it or we accept that almost
>immediately after getting it out the door we'll need to start looking
>at 'fixing' it for HTTP/3.

The fundamental problem is that against the sage advice from Frederick
P. Brooks, the WG has taken the prototype and polished it a bit with
the intent to ship it to customers on a rushed schedule.

Given that we are working on a replacement for the worlds most
popular protocol, that is not rational behaviour.