Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

From: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:50:30 -0700
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
On Jul 16, 2014 7:01 AM, "Greg Wilkins" <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:
[snip]

> But I would be very interested to see a concrete proposal for
h2-12-noRefSet-noCopy-static1-date5

My proposal would be to adopt the the typed codec encodings from section
3.1 of bohe-13*. The WG ruled out typed encodings long ago, however. So I'm
not sure if it's something we can really put back on the table now.

- James

* the section 3.1 encodings can be used independently of the rest of the
bohe-13 draft.