Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:50:30 +0200, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> My proposal would be to adopt the the typed codec encodings from section
> 3.1 of bohe-13*. The WG ruled out typed >encodings long ago, however. So
> I'm not sure if it's something we can really put back on the table now.

They way I recalled it was that the WG was interested in typed encodings,
but saw that as an independent work item that could be deferred. We've
certainly used typed encoding in Operas protocol with great result, and
fully independent of the application layer and the compression layer.

/Martin Nilsson