Re: #535: No 1xx Status Codes

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:18:49 +0000
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CAH_y2NFTWTP4DMaxCNYs1JqOCM8V+iwS7KZOui7Vua+bNMvgbg@mail.gmail.com>, Greg Wilkins wri
tes:

>I'd like to see 100 semantic supported in h2,

But isn't it already supported via the per-stream windows ?

It's true that the sender can fill the initial per stream window
before the receiver has a chance to decide if it wants the body
or not, but I've never seen the 100-Continue as a mechanism to
avoid sending a few unwanted tens of kilobyts, but rather to avoid
sending unwanted mega- and gigabytes ?