Re: PRIORITY extension

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 15:53:32 -0400
To: "K.Morgan@iaea.org" <K.Morgan@iaea.org>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, David Krauss <potswa@gmail.com>
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM, <K.Morgan@iaea.org> wrote:

> I keep hearing this argument over and over. Is the goal just to finish, no
> matter what?

Of course not. But finishing is critically important.

An open standard is the output the process is judged by - and if it can't
produce that in a timely fashion then this forum has failed. If we don't
have the expectation that putting time and energy and implementations into
the process will yield a standard at least roughly according to a schedule
then there is no point in making that investment in the IETF.

We have spent almost 2 1/2 years vetting and tweaking a pre-existing
technology in an open forum. There aren't a lot of new angles to be looked
at anymore.

-P