Re: Striving for Compromise (Consensus?)

In message <CABkgnnUVdDFYDBSfsaGGE1MN0taT-dsQdB1Nj5i6N-U_ex2YgQ@mail.gmail.com>, Martin Thomson w
rites:
>On 11 July 2014 13:23, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>> I mean that if we insist the entire header-set goes into a single
>> frame at most *zero* set of headers can be incomplete at any point
>> in time.
>
>That's a valid point, though I was considering the fact that you have
>to read/buffer/process that frame, which takes non-zero time.  The
>point being that whether it's 0 or [0,1), this is very much different
>to N.

I'll agree that 1 is much easier to manage than N, but zero better still
by a significant margin.

The main difference between 0 and 1 is that we make it the senders job
to preannounce the memory requirement (ie: frame length).

This is the BIG thing in both DoS detection/mitigation and in efficiency.