Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem (and not arguing about CONTINUATION frames)

In message <etPan.53b45e61.19495cff.47c6@corymbp.local>, Cory Benfield writes:
>On 1 July 2014 at 22:12:52, William Chan (=E9=99=88=E6=99=BA=E6=98=8C) (w=

>Should we be asking Chrome and FF to go against what they'd clearly
>like to do and to implement plaintext Upgrade ?

I understand they have made that concious decision because they want
to improve encrypted connections over unencrypted ones, in order
to futher their preferred political agenda in this area.

Doing so they run the risk that somebody else deploys HTTP/2-plaintext
in competing browsers and by offering a better and faster user
experience wins market and mindshare.

I admire people who are willing to stand up put their bacon in the
pan for their principle.

For that reason alone I'm not going to ask or beg them to change
their minds.

The interesting question therefore is if HTTP/2-plaintext can
"improve the user experience" of porn over HTTP/1.

If yes, FF and Chrome will surely change their mind, rather than
conceede that market to IIS.

If no, HTTP/2 wasn't a very good protocol to begin with, was it ?

Poul-Henning