Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem (and not arguing about CONTINUATION frames)

From: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 20:32:49 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "William Chan (陈智昌)" <willchan@chromium.org>
On 1 July 2014 at 22:12:52, William Chan (陈智昌) (willchan@chromium.org(mailto:willchan@chromium.org)) wrote:

> Forking my thread to regain sanity :) Learning from my mistake and deleting the CONTINUATION frame bullet.

Not a bad idea. =)

So, I'd like to add my concern that "features that aren't necessarily
required" is going to include plaintext HTTP/2. Chrome and FF have all
acknowledged that they're not going to support this, which really only
leaves IE as a major client implementation that will support it.
Additionally, some of the smaller client implementations don't
(okhttp2, hyper). Is anyone concerned about this being an area of the
spec that has relatively little coverage? Should we be asking Chrome
and FF to go against what they'd clearly like to do and to implement
plaintext Upgrade?