Re: CRLF requirement

From: Glen Knowles <gknowles@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 19:18:35 -0700
To: David Krauss <potswa@gmail.com>
Cc: Martin Nilsson <nilsson@opera.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2014–07–02, at 8:01 AM, Martin Nilsson <nilsson@opera.com> wrote:
>Also, somehow the word Connection got munged to nnCoection. Never
underestimate the expressive power of old-school C — I’d wager that this is
somehow the result of a typo where the backslash was omitted from “\n” in
the source.

Changing "Connection: close" to "nnCoection: close" is something I have
seen some "zero copy" proxies do when they wanted to remove the connection
header. The theory is you just load a 32 bit "Conn", rotate it 16 bits to
"nnCo", put it back, and rely on the upstream server to ignore it as an
unrecognized header.

That said, it's also something that I haven't seen in a long time, 2009
sounds about right.