Re: WebSocket over HTTP2 RFC6455 conformance

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:11 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 19 February 2014 21:57, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:
> > Also, reusing the identifier "RSV1-3" we now have in RFC6455 for those
> > booleans (not pointing syntax. not pointing 1 bit serialization. but
> > semantics) eases writing extensions that work for both RFC6455 and
> > WS/HTTP/2.0. This is not-so-important but another concern Yutaka and HyBi
> > people should have.
>
> I don't consider those booleans to be part of the websocket semantics.
>  They certainly don't surface at the API level.

I wanted to talk about minor editorial merit in that paragraph. If we adopt
different ways (identifiers) to attach boolean info to messages which
implement a certain extension, people writing the spec for the extension
for both WS/HTTP/2.0 and RFC6455 need to write algorithm for both. I.e.
- [WS/HTTP/2.0] Include "compressed" field with value of "1" in HEADERS
- [RFC6455] Set RSV1 bit
As I said in the original post, this is not-so-important.