Re: Should we discuss "split UAs" in the context of proxies, was: Proxies (includes call for adopting new work item, call for input)

Given the huge privacy implications alone, I would say that either:

- the protocols need to be standardised
- or the cloud part of the browser needs to be downloadable and deployable
by the user and third-party cloud providers.

A data center implementing the proprietary cloud part of the browser will
be an excellent information source for organizations doing pervasive
monitoring.

Just being transparent and letting the user (whether it is an person or an
enterprise) be able to turn off the feature is not enough. Just as the
user of the browser can choose which device to run the browser on, the
user must be able to choose which cloud to run the browser in.

Cheers
John Mattsson