Re: #540: "jumbo" frames

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:56:50 +1000
Cc: phk@phk.freebsd.dk, w@1wt.eu, gregw@intalio.com, ietf-http-wg@w3.org, duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp
To: K.Morgan@iaea.org
On 25 Jun 2014, at 7:35 pm, <K.Morgan@iaea.org> <K.Morgan@iaea.org> wrote:

> We've been talking about jumbo frames for a week already and there hasn't been any resistance from "implementers".

So far weíve had a voluminous discussion among a small set of people who agree on generalities but not a single proposal, and only one of them has an actual implementation on offer.

Iíd suggest that the reason why the rest of the implementers list hasnít jumped in is because theyíre busy getting draft-13 done, which we said we intended to go to WGLC any day now.

Making such a radical change to the protocol at this stage is going to need broad, strong agreement. Iím expressing doubt about the likelihood of that because so far, the interested parties havenít converged on a single proposal, and (again) because none of the proposals are informed by running code.

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/