Re: Should we discuss "split UAs" in the context of proxies, was: Proxies (includes call for adopting new work item, call for input)

Le Lun 23 juin 2014 15:04, Julian Reschke a écrit :

> - think about why browser developers deploy non-standards-based proxies.
>
> Some obvious reasons are:
>
> 1) so that they can optimize the protocol (performance, security),
>
> 2) to simplify configuration (a check box is simpler to explain than a
> proper proxy config UI).

3. they found like everyone else the current standard does not permit
deployment of effective proxies without cheating (lack of reliable way to
express trust, lack of reliable way to convey errors, lack of any decent
browser UI, browser refusal of TLS termination)

4. it's easier not to ask permission of anyone least of all the user

5. natural developer bias for internal coding instead of something else

--
Nicolas Mailhot