RE: Proxies (includes call for adopting new work item, call for input)

From: Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo) <rwheeldo@cisco.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 19:25:18 +0000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Martin Nilsson <nilsson@opera.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
 > and also the fact that the protocol spoken between UA and proxy might not even be HTTP (does this merit a new section somewhere?).

This is also true for communication between UA and server (e.g. Webex, Skype, Goto-meeting) which are often tunnelled over 443 to
look like HTTPS but aren't. The security implications of such protocols aren't pretty.

I think we put a brief statement in that mentions these issues, but limits the scope of the rest of the doc to just HTTP. Otherwise
the scope creep is likely to get silly,

Richard