Re: Multiple content-types, was: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 22.09.2010 23:33, Adam Barth wrote:
>> As a control, did you look for multiple Content-Type headers?  I know

> Separate issue, thus changing the subject line.
>
>> that these occur frequently enough that it's important to use the last
>> one if you're not IE (i.e., if you actually use the Content-Type
>> header for something).
>
> I note that IE can be configured over the registry to at least report cases
> where sniffing occurred and reduce the amount of sniffing (don't recall the
> details right now).

Sure, but the number of folks who will do that are one or two orders
of magnitude less than the number of folks who use IE without that
registry key set.

More generally, I'd like to see HTTPbis say that the last Content-Type
header is the one that matters, but I understand that adding
requirements like that might be more specific than the rest of the
working group would like to see.

Adam