Re: 3 short questions, Entity Tag & Content Location

Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 12.03.2010 09:57, Nathan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Q1, Can Content-Location be used in the response to a GET or HEAD with
>> any of the 2XX status codes?
>
> I would think so; did you find anything in the spec saying something to
> the contrary?

no hence why I was asking, because it appeared to conflict with the 3xx
range and conneg; indicating that I could essentially do conneg with a
200 OK + Content Location.

>> Q2, If I have the same data serialized in two different ways (as in an
>> RDF graph serialized as N3 and as RDF+XML), and those serializations are
>> accessible via a single resource (via a 302 Found + Content-Location);
>> could they share a weak entity tag?
>
> Entity tags are unique only per URI; so they could, but they don't have to.

What about cache's giving back the wrong media-type, would a change in
media-type be a semantic change of such magnitude that a weak entity tag
couldn't be used (or would be misleading)?

>> Q3, are there any circumstance where they could share a weak entity tag?
>
> Why not, if they aren't served from the same URI?

as above :)

>> ps: is this the correct mailing list for questions such as this?
>
> Sure!

great! thanks for clarifying

> Best regards, Julian

Likewise, Nathan