Re: Past Proposals for HTTP Auth Logout

Tim wrote on 2/25/2010 8:06 AM:
> Bil,
>
> I've taken your trick for log outs and combined it with a few other
> tricks to build a sample application which achieves login, logout, and
> password changes all without the traditional HTTP authentication
> prompt.  Take a peek:

Thanks for putting this together and testing it across the major browsers.  It's a great resource for anyone wanting to implement HTTP Auth logouts.

> It seems to work well in IE 6, 7, and 8, as well as Firefox, Chrome,
> and Safari.  It still doesn't work in Opera

The Opera team is pretty responsive -- if you let them know how they're not compatible, yet all the other browsers are, I suspect they'll change the behavior to match.

- Bil