Re: Content Sniffing impact on HTTPbis - #155

Werner Baumann wrote:
> Am Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:46:02 +0200
> schrieb Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:
>
>> Many HTTP servers that are also WebDAV servers will store the mime
>> type as separate meta data, and will also allow clients to specify it
>> when doing a PUT.
>>
> Do you know servers that really get this right?

At least one (SAP KM), but I'm quite sure this is also true for others,
such as Apache Jackrabbit or Xythos WFS.

> I am asking because I once tried to implement setting MIME-type in
> davfs2 (using PROPPATCH). I did my first tests with
> Apache/mod_dav/mod_dav_fs and IIS and then immediately stopped work on
> this. What I got is:
> PROPFIND returned the MIME-type as set by davfs2
> GET and HEAD returned another MIME-type, the one derived from the file
> extension.

Well, that's a bug. No matter what it returns, it should be consistent.
It may be a good idea to open a bug wrt to Apache/mod_dav then.

BR, Julian