Re: Content Sniffing impact on HTTPbis - #155

Am Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:46:02 +0200
schrieb Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:

> Many HTTP servers that are also WebDAV servers will store the mime
> type as separate meta data, and will also allow clients to specify it
> when doing a PUT.

Do you know servers that really get this right?
I am asking because I once tried to implement setting MIME-type in
davfs2 (using PROPPATCH). I did my first tests with
Apache/mod_dav/mod_dav_fs and IIS and then immediately stopped work on
this. What I got is:
PROPFIND returned the MIME-type as set by davfs2
GET and HEAD returned another MIME-type, the one derived from the file
extension.

Werner