allowing sniffed type list to be extensible? No.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> I sort of expect <video src> and <audio src> to do sniffing as well
> (ignoring Content-Type altogether most likely). @font-face ignores
> Content-Type as well because nobody had registered media types for fonts.

If content-type sniffing is context dependent -- @font-face sniffs font
types which img@src doesn't -- then the draft should be explicit about
that, rather than suggesting font sniffing for image sources.

There's no justification for allowing video@src or audio@src to be
sniffed. It just opens the door to more problems, and is not supported
by the justification of backward-compatibility with deployed content --
is there any other justification, besides someone "sort of expect"ing
it?

Larry