Re: i28 proposed replacement text

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On lör, 2008-07-05 at 12:28 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> NEW:
>>
>>     2.  If a Transfer-Encoding header field (Section 8.7) and the
>>         "chunked" transfer-coding (Section 3.4) is used, the transfer-
>>         length is defined by the use of that this transfer-coding.  If
>>         the "chunked" transfer-coding is not present, the transfer-length
>>         is defined by the sender closing the connection.
>
> Hmm.. "is present" fell off somewhere.

Sorry.

>         If a Transfer-Encoding header field (Section 8.7) is present and
>         the "chunked" transfer-coding [...]
>
> And to rule out any chance of people getting confused over "closing the
> connection" one should perhaps overstate the Transfer-Encoding header..
> last sentence again
>
>         [...]. If a Transfer-Encoding header field is present and the
>         "chunked" transfer-coding is not present, the transfer-length is
>         defined by the sender closing the connection.

Sounds good.

Robert Brewer observed shortly after:
> "...that this transfer-coding" needs a grammar tweak.

Indeed. I was flip-flopping between "this" and "that" and ended up with
both. Sorry.

New proposal:

    2.  If a Transfer-Encoding header field (Section 8.7) is present and
        the "chunked" transfer-coding (Section 3.4) is used, the
        transfer-length is defined by the use of this transfer-coding.
        If a Transfer-Encoding header field is present and the "chunked"
        transfer-coding is not present, the transfer-length is defined by
        the sender closing the connection.

Also in
<http://www.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/attachment/ticket/28/i28.2.diff>.

BR, Julian