Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-08.txt]

Hey Mark,

Yeah, I think you're right on the Content-Location thing.  FWIW, Atompub
takes the same approach.

Regarding this comment:

> It also seems a bit odd considering that the intent of PATCH is - like
> PUT - to set the state of the resource explicitly, so in general,
> after a successful response the client pretty much knows the state and
> so the representation is probably not communicating much.

For simple byte and char oriented delta's, that's true, but for
structural or even semantically oriented patches, this is not
necessarily true.  For instance, the patch format could be telling the
server to add an attribute to an XML element dependent on some boolean
condition.  The server could successfully apply the patch, but the
client would have no way of knowing the exact result.

- James