Re: New Status Code -- 2xx Greedy Hotel?

Isn't this a symptom of the problem with the initial redirect code?

If the automated client thinks it's being redirected to an alternative
source of the same resource, then it will treat it differently to if it
thinks it is being diverted.  A human (hopefully) can tell the difference.

Can't we solve this one with the solution to the problems of 301/302 and
GET following POST?

I.e. introduce a divert code, which specifically means, "you've been
diverted to here", rather than "you can get what you were looking for here".

Could use 307 for that?  e.g, clarify the intent of 307 to mean a
diversion rather than a detour (i.e. different destination rather than
different path to same destination).

One more for the pot.

Adrien